Banana-free with yogurt (100 KCAL only!)
This strawberry smoothie with yogurt is easy, vegan, gluten-free and perfect for any time of the day.
Do you love to enjoy a skinny smoothie, that is great for weight loss?
Come on, let’s begin?!
4-Reasons, why this smoothie is amazing:
- This smoothie tastes super sweet.
- It’s vegan & gluten-free.
- Contains only 100 calories per smoothie.
- Plus, it’s banana-free.
DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NATURALLY SWEETENED.
WHEN YOU BUY THROUGH LINKS TO MY SITE, I MAY EARN A SMALL AFFILIATE COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. ♡ I ONLY TRULY SHARE PRODUCTS I BELIEVE YOU’LL LOVE AS MUCH AS I DO ->DISCLOSURE
Don’t you love strawberries? Juicy, sweet, super versatile, healthy and the best is that they are also great for weight loss.Strawberries are the first fruits, that ripen in spring! And that’s why, it’s a great smoothie to start the season, after a cold winter. But to be honest they are great all year round. And because of that, I make sure, to have those red juicy berries always stocked in my freezer.
H2 How healthy is this easy yogurt strawberry smoothie recipe?
How much time do you need to make this strawberry recipe?
- It is a very fast recipe, that should be thrown together in just 5 minutes.
- Calories – 102.7Kcal = 5%
- Fat – 5%
- Carbohydrates – 7%
- Sugar – 12%
- Protein – 8%
- Fibre – 9%
Why is this easy strawberry smoothie recipe (with yogurt) so good for you?
Amazingly, this recipe has many great qualities.
Like the calories are very, very veeeery low for example.
This recipe contains only around 100 calories per serving!
Also to highlight, that the health factor in this recipe reaches
STUNNING 8.8 out of 10!!
How sick is, that?
This easy strawberry smoothie bowl is packed with tons of good sh*t!
That is because strawberries are very healthy in themselves, they should be included in any healthy lifestyle. Don’t you agree?
Plus greek yogurt, which is a superfood, by the way, is always a top ingredient in any healthy meal.
Also unsweetened plant-based milk products are very healthy ingredients too.
If you aren’t sure which the perfect milk is for your diet, then this blog post might be perfect:
So, the ingredients are clean, and provide you with plenty of nutrients, that your body needs for a well, balanced diet.
(The percentage is calculated per smoothie serving. And it shows the daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet.)
How high are the Glycemic Index (GI)and Load (GL) of this recipe?
Glycemic Index (GI)
The Glycemic Index (GI) of this easy strawberry smoothie is low (43).
A high Glycemic Index carbs cause blood glucose levels to spike and crash.
Low GI carbs on the other hand are digested and released slowly. Which can even lower the risk of diabetes.
The Glycemic Load (GL) of this recipe is also low (8).
Glycemic Load (GL)
The Glycemic Load (GL) of this recipe is also low (8).
Glycemic load shows how much carbs are in the food. It also shows and how much each gram of carbohydrate in the food raises blood glucose levels.
What could you do to make this recipe (even) healthier?
Add nutritions / superfoods
Smoothies are a great way to sneak in all kinds of superfoods.
They add tons of nutrition and boost your health in many ways.
10 reasons why you should add it into your smoothies:
- It brightens up your smoothie (who doesn’t love PINK)
- It’s filling (perfect for a meal replacement)
- Prevents mental health
- Healing eyes and vision
- Prevents long-term diseases (detoxification due to antioxidants)
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps the body to repair itself (Vitamin C booster)
- Heals your gut
- Weight loss (speeds up your metabolism)
You might want to top up on proteins in this smoothie.
Because 4 g of proteins per smoothie is not a lot. That is about 8% of your daily recommended doses, based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Otherwise you could add protein powder, nuts or even nut butter to turn this smoothie into a high protein workout smoothie.
Another way to top up on protein is to scoop even more greek yogurt to your blender. Because it contains co much protein.
Why don’t you jump to my selections of toppings, to check out more options.
Or check-in optional ingredients, in what to add. I added great tips, on how you can turn this smoothie into a filling meal replacement smoothie. That also adds proteins.
Is this smoothie keto-friendly?
This easy strawberry smoothie has got slightly too many carbs to be allowed on a ketogenic diet. But I have a tip.
One bowl of this smoothie contains about 18 grams of carbs.
How to make this smoothie keto-friendly
If you want to make this yogurt smoothie a keto-friendly version, then listen up:
Simply exchange the strawberry jam for keto acceptable sweeteners.
That changes the carbohydrates from 18 grams (7%) to about 13 grams (5%).
Monk fruit sweetener & Swerve
My favourite alternatives are monk fruit sweetener, stevia or swerve.
H2 Health benefits of strawberries
Strawberries also are great for weight loss, contain fibre and are good for your heart.
They can lower your blood pressure and also can increase your good cholesterol.
Plus, they have tons of Vitamin C!
Besides they are important because they defend the cell from harmful free radicals.
On top of that, they can reduce the risk of many diseases.
Here is the full list of the health benefits of strawberries and other ingredients.
Did you know?
- Milk of choice: Texture & benefits
- Greek Yogurt: Creaminess & protein
- Strawberry jam: for flavour and sweetness
- Vanilla extract: Settled flavour
- Frozen strawberries: Flavour and health benefits
- Ice: to make it cool, and to thicken the smoothie
H2 Swapping ingredients
Can you replace any other ingredients?
Is milk replaceable?
- You can use either plant-based milk, dairy milk or even water. Although, I prefer milk in this smoothie, as it makes it creamier. But it’s not necessarily needed, as the yogurt itself makes it creamy.
Or, could you skip milk completely?
- Well, that depends on your blender. If you have a high-speed blender you can skip any liquids. That’s what I do often, to create a thick and creamy smoothie bowl. If you have a smaller travel blender, don’t skip on milk or water! As you will break it eventually. They are not powerful enough.
Can you replace “JAM”?
- The strawberry jam adds an additional strawberry flavour. Plus, it adds a nice sweetness to the smoothie. If you prefer, you can switch jam with another sweetener, like monk fruit sweetener or swerve. In case you want to
H2 Optional ingredients
Meal replacement smoothie.
Fancy this yummy strawberry smoothie bowl as a meal replacement?
Meaning, you need to add ingredients, to make it more filling.
Such as nuts, nut butter, chia seeds or other seeds, or protein powder.
It is a delicious smoothie recipe for any light breakfast, lunch or even weight-loss dinner if you fancy losing weight and keeping it light.
Nuts & seeds
Do you also love adding nuts or seeds onto your smoothies?
They are super healthy, because they are sources of healthy fats.
Like whole nuts and seeds.
Try to mix it up, and not always stick with your favourite nuts and seeds every time, to get different nutrients and vitamins. I even add them over salats, yogurt or eat them as snacks. Because they level up any meal!
I often get raw nuts & seeds and roast them quickly myself.
Because firstly it’s fast.
Secondly, packages with roasted nuts contain plenty of salt and other sh*tty addons.
If you want to add a touch of salt, you are at least in control of the amount.
What I recently discovered is powdered nut butter!
It is the SHIT!
Simply mix it with water (or milk) and it turns into peanut butter. It has wayyy fewer calories, and fat, and is much healthier.
Also, strawberry and nut butter are a great combo.
It turns this smoothie into a filling Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie!
Have you tried adding chia seeds into smoothies?
If not, it’s about time. These little powerful superfood seeds add thickness to smoothies, adding tons of fibre and protein. Which is the reason it makes you full.
Meaning, they are great for weight loss.
Beyond that, chia seeds are also lowering cholesterol and can improve your gut health.
Protein powder in smoothies is great for muscle building, weight loss, style and adds THE flavour KICK.
Especially in this recipe, I would highly recommend using the (vegan) strawberry protein powder by Blessed,
which I personally love as well.
Which one is your favourite?
If you rather enjoy this smoothie as a dessert and like to skip the protein powder, that is okay. I have tested it with and without it.
Pitaya Powder (Dragonfruit)
Do you know, that Dragon Fruit Powder is a great way to lose weight?
Here are the main 3 reasons:
- Firstly, because it makes you full.
- Also, it helps with your digestion.
- Finally, the powder boosts your metabolism.
It is super nutrition-dense, lower your cholesterol and protects your heart.
Find here 10 reasons why you should add this powerful dragon fruit powder into your smoothies.
Did you know?
- Immunity booster
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces risk of Cancer
- High fibre intake
- Weight management
- Regulates blood pressure
- Eye health -> Vitamin C
- Protect your heart
- Looking & feeling young
- Resets metabolism & boost fat burn
- Good for cognitive functions
- High fiber -> Supports digestion & weight loss
- Reduces appetite> MAO
- Protects heart & brain
- Boost immune system->
- High in potassium -> Heart health
- Prevents tooth enamel
- Extreme high in magnesium
- Omega-3 fatty acids (healthy fat)
- High fibre
- May support weight loss
- Feeling full longer
- High in minerals
- High-quality protein 19%
- Reduces heart-related diseases
Curious what products or toppings I have used?
Easy Strawberry Smoothie (with yogurt)
- 1 Blender
- 1/3 cup unsweetened milk
- 4 Tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 Tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes
- First, add yogurt and your favourite milk (unsweetened if plant milk) into the blender.
- Then it's time to add sweetener into the mix: 1 Tbsp of strawberry jam.
- If you like, you can also add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for a flavour kick.
- Now it's time to drop your frozen strawberries into the mix.
- If you like to add some protein powder, you can add it now. (strawberry or vanilla flavour).
- The last step is to add ice, to have your smoothie, super refreshing.
- Start blending at a low speed, and work your way up to higher. If your ingredients get stuck, use a tamper or use the pulse button (like on a Vitamix blender). Serve once the mix is as smooth as you like it. Enjoy!
Are you curious yet where I got the amazing products, I used in this recipe?
Drizzle anything your ♡ desires on top of the smoothie.
Here are a few ideas, that go well with this recipe:
- Kiwi sliced
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Peanut butter
- Cashew nut butter
H2 11 Tips:
How to make the best smoothie.
What to do.
- The longer you blend it, the thinner the smoothie becomes.
- You could even add banana to the smoothie for sweetness and to make it filling.
- Make the smoothie your own. Be creative and add all kind of nuts, seeds or superfoods (see toppings)
- This smoothie is low in protein. So check out in TOPPINGS, what you like to add: e.g. protein powder, seeds, etc.
- Always add a little bit of liquid. You can top it up in the end, if you think it’s too thick.
- You can use any kind of plant-based milk (unsweetened)
- In case you add green veggies, be wary it will change the colour of your strawberry smoothie. Colourless and low-calorie veggies are cauliflower.
What not to do.
Here are just a few reminders, that will help you to make a good smoothie.
- Don’t make your smoothie too sweet by adding additional sweeteners (the fruits are sweet enough)
Never buy cheap superfoods (they add fillers, to make it cheap)
- Always wash your veggies! (bugs, toxins, pesticides, coatings etc.)
- Don’t kill your normal travel blender, by skipping liquid. The number of fibres will break it (only skipping liquid with high-speed blenders like Vitamix)
- In case you add green veggies, be wary it will change the colour of your strawberry smoothie. Colourless and low calorie veggies is cauliflower.
Most smaller, slower blenders can’t crush ice.
I suggest a high-speed blender, like a Vitamix (US-amazon).
But, hey hey not so fast!
No need to give up if you don’t have one.
If you don’t have one, don’t worry.
Just make sure to use mostly frozen fruits.
Especially if you don’t add ice! (Dah!)
Buy a set of magical mini ice cube moulds.
Even slower blenders should crush them! HURRAY!
I would use in winter 1-2 ice cubes per smoothie. Plus frozen fruits and fresh or frozen veggies. But in summer, for example, you might want to use 3-4 ice cubes per smoothie. As you probably prefer the smoothie to be more cooling and to stay fresh for longer. Remember though:Again, you don’t need to use any ice at all. As it can dilute the smoothie. You should play around with the amount. Have a look at my PRO’s and CON’S for adding ice, into smoothies.
SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH
You can have smoothies either as a dessert and fill them with sweet fruits, chocolate or nut butter
ARE YOU WORKING OUT?
Post or pre-workout smoothies are also popular.As well as making it a filling meal replacement.By choosing more filling milk (oat milk is proven to be super filling), adding nuts, or chia seeds for example. For most smoothie recipes, especially workout ones one’s protein is a key component. It is easy to adjust the smoothie your needs.
For a breakfast smoothie, it is important, that it is healthy, but also very filling. To give you energy until lunch. Have you ever had a caffeine smoothie? Yummy. Top it up with some chocolate homemade granola, and you are ready to go.
It’s also no problem to have smoothies a few hours before going to sleep. Of course, you won’t skip the caffeine. Cacao and oats are supporting a good night sleep. So, how about a delicious chocolate smoothie for dessert?
Let’s be friends.
What did you think?
Did you like this strawberry smoothie?
You can also share a picture of your own recipe in the comment section on Pinterest. Some of them I will repost.
Hugs & love, Jula
- Did you like it?
- Aaand? Have you made this strawberry smoothie with jam or did you substitute it?