Do you love a healthy smoothie that naturally promotes and supports your skin and hair health?
(Without having to do a full facial skin routine before and after going to bed and spending tons of money on 7 different products!)
This Skin Detox Smoothie with Berries is not just super easy to make, tasty fruity and delicious, but it also helps your body to form collagen naturally.
And collagen, we all know is needed to help you to get glowing skin, stronger nails, and hair, relieve joint pain and might prevent bone loss.
On top of that, collagen is good for muscle mass (not only protein powder does that) and can be good for your heart.
Let’s dive into this recipe with the secret ingredient… Are you ready?
Why you’ll love this Skin Detox Smoothie Recipe
4 Reasons why:
- It gives you glowing skin & strong Hair.
- This smoothie is a natural detox smoothie.
- Plus, it’s high in Vitamin E, D and calcium.
- And it’s low in calories and high in fibre.
Watch the Skin Detox Smoothie Recipe Video.
How many calories are in this recipe?
Per serving (smoothie) you get only 146 calories.
How much time do you need to make this Berry Detox Smoothie recipe?
For this 6 ingredients healthy detox smoothie you don’t need more than 5 minutes of your time.
That makes this smoothie the ideal breakfast smoothie, that you can start before your work, or any time throughout the day.
When is the best time to have this Skin Detox Smoothie with Berries?
Well, it’s up to you when you like to drink this smoothie.
Because there is no ideal time.
Many enjoy a smoothie before work, as a light breakfast.
But because this smoothie is not high in calories, and a little low in protein, you might want to add some toppings to this smoothie.
If you want to make it more filling, you probably want to increase the fat, and protein level (and calories slightly.
Check out my blog post on ways how to add protein to your smoothies:
What does the Skin Smoothie recipe taste like?
This smoothie taste
“like summer in a glass”!
Super fruity and refreshing.
A little bit tangy from the greek yogurt (or you can substitute the greek yogurt with a vegan and dairy-free alternative).
Health benefits of this Skin Detox Smoothie Recipe
The Secret Ingredient: Sea Moss Gel
Yes, the secret ingredient is Sea Moss Gel.
To explain, it is a type of superfood, and it is vegan and gluten-free.
You can buy it as Gel, or you can purchase Sea moss in its “raw” natural form, and make your gel from it.
That has also its benefits because once you open the glass of sea moss gel you need to keep it in the fridge and consume it within a fairly short period (4 weeks usually).
10 Reasons Why you should add Sea Moss Gel to your Smoothie Recipe
- Skin Health
- Heart healthy
- Immunity Booster
- Builds Muscle
- Workout recovery
- Weight loss
- Gut health
- Energy Booster
- Detox our Body
- Thyroid Health
- and more
While Sea moss Gel has many positive health benefits, there are also other things you should be aware of. For example, it can contain heavy metals.
How much Sea Moss Gel should I take a day?
- Calories: 146 Kcal
- Fat: 5 g (6%)
- Carbs: 22g (9%)
- Sugars: 11g (12%)
- Protein: 7g (13%)
- Fibre: 6g (20%)
- Vitamin C: 57%
- Calcium: 42%
- Vitamin E: 36%
- Vitamin D: 28%
- Riboflavin B2: 19%
- Phosphorus: 16%
- Folic Acid B9: 16%
- Vitamin B6: 15%
- Potassium: 13%
- Thiamin B1: 12%
- Magnesium: 11%
- Iron: 10%
- Zinc: 7%
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin K: 8%
The percentage value is based on a 2000-calorie diet (calculated from whisk.com).
While this smoothie is healthy and contains vitamins and nutrients, there are still ways to make it healthier:
How to make this Smoothie (even) healthier
Do you want to make this incredible, ultra-healthy smoothie EVEN healthier?
Well, on a score by Whisk.com this smoothie reached a Health score of 9.6 out of 10.
Which is brilliant and means this smoothie recipe is extremely healthy. Also, the Glycemic Index hit a low score and the Glycemic Load hit also a low score. Meaning the smoothie doesn’t contain much sugar.
If you want though, you could add some veggies to this smoothie. Like:
- frozen cauliflowers
Start with only a few, to not overpower the fruity flavour of this Skin and Detox Berry Smoothie.
The Skin Detox Smoothie with Berry Ingredients
Plant-based milk, unsweetened:
You can use any type of milk. Most people use almond milk. But I recommend using soy milk for glowing skin because it contains Hyaluronic acid. Yes, gives you youthful skin! But get the unsweetened version, as it’s much healthier.
Greek Yogurt, unflavoured:
Because it’s a superfood, that adds a tanginess to the smoothie, adds lots of protein and is good for your gut health. Plus greek yoghurt is also good for your skin health by eliminating waste and cleansing it. The reason is that it’s rich in vitamins B2, B6 and B12 and detoxes your colon.
Strawberries, frozen, ripe:
The Berries in these smoothies are adding to the fruit flavour, and are low in calories and high in fibre. They are great for weight loss and your skin. And that’s because the red, juicy berries are loaded with vitamin C, which helps to build collagen. Strawberries have even anti-ageing powers because they can prevent the destruction of collagen.
Raspberries, frozen, ripe:
This Skin Detox Smoothie also contains lots of Raspberries, which are also high in Vitamin C, which helps your body to build Collagen. And collagen can repair your hair and improve your skin health.
Bananas, frozen, ripe:
Bananas add sweetness and creaminess to the smoothie. Don’t worry you won’t taste it in this recipe. But if you are allergic, you can replace the banana with 1 Medjool date or some sweetener of your choice (like agave or honey).
Sea Moss Gel:
The secret Ingredient. It’s kind of an optional ingredient, but also not. I really recommend that you try adding 1-2 teaspoons into your smoothies, as mentioned already above in the health benefits, it can be good for your skin, heart, muscles, your gut health. It also gives you a natural energy boost, it can cleanse your body and is good for your thyroid!
To boost your skin health, even more, you can add collagen powder, which is optional. There are plenty of different collagen powders to choose from, also vegan and plant-based types, which are great!
You can even add some hyaluronic acid to your smoothie which you might have seen in Hailey Bieber’s Skin Smoothie (recipe published here soon). Which is maybe more unusual, but hey. Why not.
Is this Smoothie with berries vegan?
This healthy berry smoothie is only vegan if you choose a vegan substitute for the greek yogurt, which is fine.
Any yoghurt is okay in this smoothie recipe.
Is this Skin Smoothie gluten-free?
Yes, this skin berry smoothie is gluten-free, including the sea moss gel.
Is this Smoothie a dairy-free smoothie?
All ingredients are dairy-free, except the “normal” Greek Yogurt.
But you can substitute the greek yogurt with any other alternative that is dairy-free (and vegan) if you need to.
How to make the Best Skin Detox Smoothie with Berries for Glowing Skin (Recipe)
- 1 Blender high-speed or budget blender (=travel blender)
- 1 cup plant-based milk unsweetened (like soy milk) or your other favourite milk
- 0.5 cup greek yogurt (or vegan/dairy-free alternative)
- 2 tsp sea moss gel (optional)
- 1 cup strawberries frozen, ripe
- ¾ cup raspberries frozen, ripe
- 0.5 cup bananas frozen, ripe (or sub with 1 Medjool date or another preferred sweetener)
- 1 scoop collagen powder (optional-can be plant-based)
Soft Ingredients + powders
- Add your milk (first a little), yoghurt and sea moss gel (optional) to the blender.
- (Optional): If you want, add collagen powder to the blender now (so it's blended better.)
- If you have a pulse button on your blender (like on a Vitamix), start pressing it a few times in short intervals, to break down the frozen chunkier parts.
- Then start blending everything on a low setting and slowly work your way up slowly to a higher setting, until everything is smooth.
- For a thicker smoothie: Use your tamper often, to "mash" down your fruits. Don't use much liquid, and blend slowly on a low setting.
- For a thinner, drinkable smoothie: You can use a higher smoothie setting, and blend it for longer, until super smooth. You can add more liquid.
- Now, could you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE just leave me a STAR-RATING, at the bottom of the page if you like this recipe? This would support my business, while I'm working so hard daily to be able to keep this running 🙂 You can ask any kind of question. Love to know who you are.
- You can also sign up for a free newsletter and get a free downloadable mini ebook!
Ingredients for a Glowing Skin & Strong Hair
Check out the Smoothie Gift Guide
Pssst…These items and ingredients are nearly too good to be shared!
What to DO
- Use any kind of milk, but for glowing skin choose soy milk
- Use your tamper/wooden spoon/ spatula to push down the smoothie blend
- Chop down your veggies/fruits in small pieces, before freezing
- You can refrigerate your smoothie for the next day (ideally in a Thermo cup)
- Freeze smoothies a month later (full guide: 3 Easy ways – how to freeze & store smoothies for later
- Rinse your berries first, before freezing (avoid food poisoning and bacteria)
- Freeze your berries and bananas only when they are rip (6 SECRETS HOW TO RIPEN BANANAS FASTER + STOP THE FASTING PROCESS)
What NOT to do
- Please don’t SCRATCH your blender and use a spoon to scrape out your smoothie (Use a spatula)
- To make a THICK smoothie bowl, use a lower blender setting
- Add tiny ice cubes, if your blender can’t handle thick ones (like mini-ice cube trays)
- Don’t add any sweeteners fruits and ripe bananas sweetened smoothies naturally already.
- Add sweeteners n the end if needed (like agave, monk fruit sweetener, Medjool dates)
- Don’t add too much liquid if you want a thicker smoothie
Similar Smoothie Recipes, you’ll love too!
Glowing Skin Smoothie Recipes
- Pineapple Watermelon Smoothie For Weight Loss And Detox
- 100 Kcal! DAMN Sweet Strawberry Smoothie Yogurt – It’s So EASY (No Banana)
- 4 Ingredient Detox Smoothie With Blueberry And Strawberry
- 80% Vitamin C – Killer Immune Boosting Smoothie (SECRET INGREDIENT + DETOX)
- 880% Vitamin C Kiwi Bomb Smoothie (Spinach+optional banana)
Detox Smoothies to burn belly fat
- 100 Kcal! DAMN Sweet Strawberry Smoothie Yogurt – It’s So EASY (No Banana)
- How to make the Cute Kiwi Cleansing Smoothie (Vegan Recipe Bowl)
- NEW: YUMMY Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie (WEIGHT LOSS & DETOX)
More Smoothie Categories
- 5 ingredient smoothie or less
- All year round smoothies
- Autumn + winter smoothies
- Banana-free Smoothies
- Best meal replacements
- Breakfast smoothies
- Detox smoothies
- Easy + Quick Smoothies
- Energizing smoothies
- Fruit smoothies
- Gluten-Free Smoothies
- Green Smoothies
- Guides, tips, tricks & overviews
- Gut Health Smoothies
- Hidden Veggie Smoothie
- High Calcium Smoothies
- High Fibre Smoothies
- High Magnesium Smoothies
- High Protein Smoothies
- How To's
- Iron Smoothies
- Low sugar Smoothies
- Mental Health Smoothies
- Mixed recipes
- Round-Up Post
- Skin Smoothies
- Snack smoothies
- Summer + spring smoothies
- Superfood Smoothies
- Vegan Smoothies
- Vitamin A Smoothie
- Vitamin B Smoothie
- Vitamin C Smoothies For Skin
- Vitamin D Smoothie
- Vitamin K Smoothies
- Weight-loss smoothie
- Workout smoothie
- Zinc Smoothies
Save This Recipe For Later
Comments & Feedback
Is this the first time you have heard about Sea Moss Gel, or have you used it before?
Did you use it in the recipe or did you make it without it? Let me know below, please 🙂
Please also don’t forget to get the FREE weekly newsletter 🙂
All the best,