This is one of the most flavourful recipes that I have made this summer!
This Pineapple and Watermelon Smoothie for weight loss is easy, quick, high in Vitamin C, A, magnesium, potassium um, is good for a detox ANd tastes ULTRA flavourful! What more can we wish for? 🙂
Why you’ll love this Watermelon Smoothie For Weight Loss
4 Reasons why:
- This refreshing detox smoothie is cleansing.
- This smoothie contains many ingredients to help you shed your stubborn belly fat.
- While it’s low in calories (236 Kcal) it is supporting overall weight loss
- The flavours combination is one of a kind!
How this Detox Smoothie developed…
I started out making a simple but still super easy watermelon smoothie recipe first (with coconut milk and watermelon).
Then I was wondering if you can mix other fruits with it. Plus I have seen other food bloggers adding mint together with watermelon.
So, that’s when I did some experiments, and finally, this recipe was born:
but still so powerful.
Plus, I caught Covid! Unfortunately.
Meaning I needed to create a recipe, that makes you feel refreshed and energized again.
When Colds, Flus & Covid knock you down…
I don’t know how it is with you, but especially when I got a cold or flu, I’m eating often quite badly. Because I don’t have the energy to cook and my body just aches so much. And that makes grocery shopping tough.
So after the period when I’m feeling better, I am always jumping back to my plant-based diet;
- Where I cut out processed foods.
- Also, I eat more plant-based.
- I consume when possible 1 smoothie a day. Mostly as a meal replacement. For breakfast or lunch.
Even when I crave anything sweet in the evening, I’m usually making a “Dessert-Like” Smoothie (Chocolate, Fruit, or naturally sweetened with vanilla, like the healthy cookie though one).
The Detox Smoothies – The Remedy to make you Feel Energized again
So, after a period of feeling low, my smoothies helped me so much!
- To get back in shape.
- To feel refreshed.
- More energized.
- And You just starting to glow more.
Make yourself a routine. A weekly or monthly plan.
It’s so much easier to stick to it if you have it written down.
Like if you know that you are having a day for breakfast and a smoothie, then this can be already a HUGE achievement!
Then This can make your grocery shopping easier for the week. You can even do meal planning and make double or triple the smoothie portion and freeze the leftovers.
Watch the Watermelon Smoothie Recipe video.
While this smoothie is not only super effective and tasty, it’s also super easy and quick to prepare.
Because you need only 3 minutes to make this watermelon, strawberry and mint smoothie. Surely you need to buy the ingredients in advance and freeze the berries and fruits. But the active time is super fast.
That means you can make it even BEFORE work! 🙂
How much time do you need to make this Weight loss Watermelon & Lime Smoothie recipe?
How many calories are in this Detox Watermelon Smoothie with pineapples and mint?
Each serving (1 cup) contains 237 calories.
Is this Pineapple, Mint & Smoothie recipe a breakfast evening or lunch recipe?
I love a detox smoothie, first thing in the morning. It’s a refreshing, nutritious and healthy start to your day. If you need a more filling breakfast you can also add toppings to your smoothie.
Like healthy granola, fruit, and even cacao nibs (YES even on this smoothie bowl! Yum!).
What does the Smoothie recipe taste like?
This smoothie taste like a refreshing summer day.
It’s so sweet, with a citrusy settled note, and the mint is taking the smoothie into another world.
Super fresh. You feel energized and ready to get on with anything that comes up your way.
First I should mention that this smoothie is super refreshing, and hydrating and can help you detox, by flushing out toxins.
While this smoothie contains immunity-boosting and anti-inflammatory benefits, it also can reduce oxidative stress. It is loaded with antioxidants, that protect your produce from harmful illnesses.
The smoothie is high in vitamin c, which also helps to form collagen and supports skin health.
It’s also loaded with vitamin A, which is good for your vision, and immunity. Other high levels of vitamins and nutrients in this cleansing watermelon and pineapple smoothie are vitamin b, magnesium and potassium. They help to improve your sleep quality.
Nutritional breakdown of this watermelon smoothie recipe
- Calories: 236 Kcal
- Fat: 0.7g (1%)
- Carbs: 60g (23%)
- Sugars: 48g (53%)
- Protein: 3g (6%)
- Fibre: 6g (21%)
- Vitamin C: 112%
- Vitamin A: 54%
- Folic Acid B9: 24%
- Thiamin B1: 23%
- Potassium: 21%
- Phosphorus: 21%
- Potassium: 21%
- Vitamin B6: 18%
- Magnesium: 18%
- Iron: 17%
- Riboflavin B2: 12%
- Calcium: 8%
- Zinc: 6%
The percentage value is based on a 2.000-calorie diet (calculated from whisk.com).
7 Reasons – why is this watermelon smoothie good specifically to burn belly fat?
- Firstly, Pineapples & Lime (or ananas in German, Italian and Hindi) are good for your metabolism (the enzyme bromelain burns away belly fat, helps to digest fats and suppresses appetite and more).
- One serving will give you 21% of fibre (which fills you up quickly).
- Pineapples are supporting your digestive health (which leads to weight loss).
- Mint is excellent to burn belly fat: Mint can help your body to digest fats, as it’s triggering the release of extra bile from the gallbladder.
- Watermelon will helps to increase your body’s fat-burning potential, as it’s rich in lycopene. This causes you to raise your body’s arginine levels (amino acids). 1 cup a day is already powerful!
- Also, strawberries are good for weight loss and burning excess fat. They are low in calories, boost your digestion and are high in fibre. The fibres can absorb blood sugar, which is beneficial for your weight loss.
- Limes can indirectly help you lose belly fat and lose weight by giving you energy, aiding your digestion, boosting your bowel movement and preventing bloating
Which Ingredients Are Needed For The Watermelon Smoothie For Weight Loss?
While you can use also normal water or plant-based milk, you might consider adding coconut water to your healthy diet. It’s low in calories, gives you the “tropical holiday” vibes, and gives your body potassium, fibre and even protein. That means coconut water can even help you lose weight. (But filtered water is super healthy too of course ;))
The herb is adding a super fresh flavour, that enhances the fruit flavours in this Watermelon Smoothie For Weight Loss. It also helps against bloating and burns belly fat.
Did you know, that mind might also improve your brain function?
It’s beneficial for people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and could relive relieve indigestion.
Lime can reduce inflammation, reduce the risk of chronic diseases and is an extremely powerful yellow little citrus fruit! It can protect you against infections, reduces the risk of kidney stones, and getting a stroke and is strengthening your immune system!
The tropical, fresh, juice fruit, is one of the key ingredients, that adds a fruity and sweet flavour and raises your amino acid levels, and kicks in your body’s fat-burning process.
They also reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and are great for any detox smoothies and plans.
Not only are strawberries extremely delicious and add flavour, but they also make the smoothie thicker and ensure that the smoothie burn turns into a liquid slushy juice too quickly. (Because frozen watermelon melts fast.). And yes, these red, juicy berries are also supporting weight loss, and are highly nutritious.
On top of that, strawberries are cholesterol-free, fat-free and very heart-healthy. Plus they are LOADED with vitamin c! Which give ensures healthy and young skin, nails and hair.
They add additional sweetness and citrusy flavour to this Watermelon Smoothie Recipe For Weight Loss and stubborn belly fat. It’s hydrating, strengthens your immune system, boosts your digestion, and… yes, also burns your belly fat (thanks to the powerful enzyme bromelain).
Protein Powder or Collagen powder:
As there are just about 6% = 3 grams of protein per smoothie serving in this recipe, you could add increase your protein level. Choose a flavoured fruity type of protein powder (like strawberries), or vanilla would work too.
Otherwise, if you are looking to increase your protein but are also interested in your skin, nail and hair, then I would recommend collagen powder instead. You can get plant-based (vegan) collagen ones as well!
Is this Watermelon Detox Fruit Smoothie vegan?
Yes, this smoothie is vegan-friendly!
If you use these ingredients like the Coconut water by Vita Coco Tetra for example.
Make sure with all coconut products, that they don’t involve monkeys during their production.
So try to look for fair-trade coconut water, if you want to make sure the water is 100% vegan friendly.
Is this Watermelon Smoothie For Weight Loss gluten-free?
Yes, this smoothie recipe is also gluten-free.
Is this healthy Detox smoothie a dairy-free recipe?
All ingredients are dairy-free.
You can if you prefer swap coconut water with any milk of your choice.
How to Make The Best Recipe
The Delicious Watermelon and Pineapple Smoothie Recipe For Weight loss
- 1 Blender ideally high-speed (if you use a budget blender, cut the strawberries and pineapples into very small pieces, and thaw them slightly beforehand)
- 0.5-1 cup coconut water, fair-trade (to be vegan-friendly) like Vita Coco
- splash fresh lime juice, organic
- 2 cups strawberries, ripe & frozen cut into pieces ideally
- 3 cups watermelon, frozen, ripe (a guide to finding a ripe watermelon)
- 1 cup pineapples, frozen, ripe
- 2 leaves mint (medium-sized)
- Pour your coconut water with a splash of fresh lime juice into your blender (NOTE: The liquid needs to be closer to the blades. If your blender is built the opposite than to a Vitamix, then follow the opposite order)
- Add your mint leaves next (ignore pictures).
- TIP:I suggest ripping your mint leaves into small pieces beforehand or chopping them into smaller pieces. Although, that is more important if you are making a thicker smoothie and don't want to over-blend a smoothie, for the leaves to be fully blended.
- Toss your frozen fruits into the blender: Strawberries, watermelon and pineapples.
- Blend, mesh (tamper) and enjoy! It takes about 30-60 seconds until your smoothie is smooth. Depending on your blender. If you want to be thinner you can add now more liquid and blend a little more.
Secret Ingredients & Utensils for this Detox Recipe
Pssst…These items are nearly too good to be shared!
Plant-Based Collagen That I LOVE! (Your Super)
or as an alternative…
Collagen that helps especially with SKIN HEALTH
Obsessed kitchen appliances
Here are my absolute favourite kitchen appliances, which I swear by and can’t live without anymore.
They helped me to make these stunning recipes.
Affordable, stunning and always the price worth it. I always compare the prices and reviews for ages, before I purchase anything, to make sure I get the best product).
The BEST blender!
The Vitamix BEST Friend – The Tamper (to make the thickest smoothies!!)
Cute Pineapple Inspired Kitchen Tools
The Pineapple Trivet
Kitchen Pineapple Towel Set
The Pineapple Spoon Set
Smoothie Recipe Tips
TIP: Don’t cut your watermelon and leave it out for a while. It’s better to be consumed directly, or you just cut parts off at a time. That’s because once you cut into a watermelon the nutrients and enzymes begin to disappear quicker.
3 Steps How to Make the Pineapple and Watermelon Smoothie For Weight Loss
1. Buy All Ingredients.
Buy a RIPE watermelon. My previous blog post shows you how to find a ripe watermelon and how you can cut it quickly (for smoothies).
That’s important because watermelons don’t ripe anymore, once harvest.
The easiest way to know if your watermelon is ripe is by noticing a big yellow area (instead of a white one).
Your strawberries and pineapples can still ripen at home. So here it doesn’t matter as much if they are already ripe. But that depends on when you are making the smoothie.
2. Freeze Your Ingredients.
Again if you want to know an easy hack on how to cut watermelon, then check out my previous post: How to Cut a Watermelon.
- Here it’s key, that when you freeze our other fruits and berries (pineapples, and strawberries) that they are ripe! This makes the smoothie much sweeter, and you don’t need to add sweeteners to it.
- If you do notice you love it sweet, I recommend honey or agave (monk fruit sweetener) as a vegan substitute for sweeteners.
- Also, make sure to rinse your berries first. That prevents you from getting possibly infected with illnesses such as Norovirus (GROSS!) – So the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests! So to avoid any bacteria or pesticides getting into your body, give them a rinse! (Besides from dirt and little bugs)
- Besides it is key to cut your fruits and berries into SMALL and EVEN-sized pieces. As this will make it easier on your blender, avoid overpowering. Especially if you are working with a less powerful blender. (More tips in this post, on how to make thick smoothies with a budget blender)
3. Make your smoothie!
Smoothie o’clock, ladies and gents!
This is where the magic happens.
The layering of the smoothie
- It’s key that you add the liquid ingredients first (depending on your blender set-up). They have to be closer to the blades.
- Then you can add your powders. So if you do decide to add collagen or protein powders, now after the liquids are the right time, as they get fully blended.
- Afterwards add your frozen fruits: Strawberries, watermelon pieces, (fresh)Pineapple chunks, and add your mint leaves!
(DON’T skip on the mint, my friends!!!- it levels up your smoothie by miles!!!)
6 TIPS for a THICKER Smoothie bowl:
If you want to make a thicker smoothie, then do the following:
- Add less liquid (a splash) – add more later gradually if your blender can’t handle it
- Add coconut milk lime juice and then watermelons first. Because watermelon turns into a very slushy consistency fast. That will avoid you using more liquid
- Use a tamper to mash down your smoothie (or if you have a travel blender shake it well constantly – depending on the type).
- Don’t over-blend.
- Use the pulse button in quick intervals, to break down bigger frozen chunks of the strawberries, watermelon and pineapples.
- Use a lower setting on your blender.
FAQ – Pineapple and Watermelon Smoothie Recipe
How to use pineapple for weight loss?
You can use pineapples for weight loss in many different ways.
- Salad recipes
- Healthy Snack
- Side Dish (baked pineapples)
- As Juice
- Infused Water
A very efficient way is to make homemade, healthy weight loss, and cleansing smoothie recipes, that don’t contain any added sugars or sweeteners.
And that’s why it’s key that they are homemade smoothies, as most store-bought smoothies contain many fillers, additives and sweeteners, that add in flavour, but are not healthy or support a healthy weight.
Can we eat pineapple at night for weight loss?
While pineapples are also low in calories, and sweet they make a great healthy snack. If you are a sweet tooth and crave dessert in the evening, you are better off with some pineapple pieces or pineapple-based snacks. So the experts from everdayehalth.com suggest.
They are also high fibre, support your digestion and keep you filled up.
But make sure you stick to a “normal” portion size. That is key with everything surrounding weight loss.
Does canned pineapple juice burn belly fat?
Canned foods like canned pineapples and pineapple juice contain a lot more calories and sugars.
I would always recommend buying fresh pineapples and consuming them.
This way you’ll lose belly fat way more efficiently than with canned pineapple (juice).
Similar Smoothie Recipes, you’ll love too!
Smoothies with Watermelon
- The Easy 3 Ingredient Recipe For the Watermelon Smoothie that fights diseases! (NO-BANANA)
Smoothies With Pineapples
- 3 SECRETS – How YOU Can Make Marinas Viral Coconut Cloud Smoothie Recipe, And SAVE MONEY
- Dragon POWER Breakfast Smoothie: Strawberry + Pineapple -it’s a MUST breakfast!
Smoothies to burn belly fat
- 100 Kcal! DAMN Sweet Strawberry Smoothie Yogurt – It’s So EASY (No Banana)
- How to make the Cute Kiwi Cleansing Smoothie (Vegan Recipe Bowl)
- NEW: YUMMY Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie (WEIGHT LOSS & DETOX)
Save This Recipe For Later
Comments & Feedback
Sooo… how refreshing was this recipe? Are you a HUGE fan of pineapples mixed with strawberries and pineapples, too??
Did you amend anything? Super curious about who is reading my blog, pls say hi! Which part of the world are you from? 🙂
Please also don’t forget to get the FREE weekly newsletter 🙂
Before you go… Check out this POST:
All the best,