Are you ready for a 5-minute, vegan and gluten-free healthy cleansing mixed-berry smoothie recipe?
This is my GO-TO detox blender recipe, if you feel low on energy, tired, or want to help your body to get rid of toxins and eat more healthy?
Why you’ll love this berry smoothie recipe
4 REASONS WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- It is super fruity and has a flavour explosion
- This is a low-calorie recipe that helps your body to flush out toxins
- It’s high in antioxidants and fights chronic diseases
- The spinach adds 126% of vitamin K to the recipe (for blood clotting, wound healing and bone health)
Why you should consume detox smoothies?
I love cleansing detox smoothies because they are filled with plenty of vitamins, and minerals and fuel your body with essential ingredients without bad add-ons.
Often if you are following a detox you also cut out processed foods, like sugary stuff, which will be amazing for your body.
As a side effect, you can lose weight, which can be good for your health as well.
Can a cleanse be dangerous and are they even necessary?
Well… a fair question. Should you even be on a cleanse or detox?
Cleanses are not needed in most cases because your body does a great job on its own.
But certain foods can help though with the natural cleansing process.
Such high fibre foods, or food high in antioxidants, like fruits, berries and so on.
A cleanse can be dangerous or can cause more harm if it’s not done properly and there is not much proof that they are beneficial.
Besides most detox are low in protein, which is a downside. Because protein is needed for your muscles, hair, skin and nails.
And that’s why I wouldn’t do strict cleanses, and rather would follow an overall healthy lifestyle, consume healthy smoothies, such as this one, and eat healthily overall. Try to cut out as many processed and sugary foods as possibly the same as red meats. And eat more plant-based foods.
One reason why smoothies are so fantastic is that you can add so many nutrients and vitamins in one small glass, and it only takes a few minutes.
WATCH THE VIDEO FOR THE MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE?
You don’t about 5 minutes to add all the smoothie ingredients to the blender.
Buy all ingredients the day before and freeze the berries beforehand or buy pre-frozen berries.
IS THIS SMOOTHIE A BREAKFAST EVENING OR LUNCH RECIPE?
That’s the amazing thing about smoothies.
They are super fast prepared and can be consumed ANYTIME.
They are an amazing healthy breakfast idea to start the day, with a nutritious-dense, energised and fresh, low-calorie meal. You can add always toppings to your smoothie.
Like seeds, nuts, granola, cacao nibs or nut butter to make it more filling and to increase the fibre and protein amount.
You can also make it throughout the day, or in the evening as a sweet and fruity healthy blueberry and mixed berry smoothie dessert.
WHAT DOES THIS BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE WITH SPINACH AND BLUEBERRIES TASTE LIKE?
The flavour of this berry-mixed smoothie recipe is quite intense, which comes from the berries.
It’s very fruity. The smoothie also is pretty sweet, which comes from fruit berries and vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract).
Make sure to choose a high-quality product, as this makes ALL the difference in taste.
And the pineapples just add a hint of citrus.
P.S. If you like to add and replace the coconut water with milk to make it creamy and a “tangy” flavour to it, that’s completely fine. (check out the milk guide, to find your ideal plant-based milk)
HOW MANY CALORIES ARE IN THIS MIXED DETOX BERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE?
There are only 221 calories in this recipe.
So it’s fairly a low-calorie smoothie recipe. To make it more filling, you can add more topping to it, like seeds, nuts nut butter, granola and more.
Health benefits of this berry smoothie recipe.
I’m not going to lie:
There are so many health benefits in this smoothie.
So that I don’t know how to break down the most important ones.
You can see at the nutritional breakdown that nearly ALL levels of nutrition and vitamins are IMMENSELY high!
From magnesium, calcimine, iron, ink, potassium, Vitamin A, C, B’s, E and K, this smoothie is LOADED!
And on the other hand, it is still low in calories, fat, and high in fibre.
10 OF THE MOST IMPORTANT HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS BERRY SMOOTHIE MIXED WITH BLUEBERRY, SPINACH, PINEAPPLE AND MORE.
- High in antioxidants (like spinach, cinnamon, and berries such as blueberries that protect you against cancer, heart diseases and type 2 diabetes)
- Bone health (The vitamin K and calcium is helping to strengthen your bones)
- Heart healthy (While blueberries can manage your cholesterol, and reduce the risk of heart diseases, so does spinach and cinnamon)
- Strengthen your Immune System (thanks to the high levels of vitamin c)
- Antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal (due to the cinnamon)
- Blood pressure (Cinnamon and blueberries might help to lower your blood pressure)
- Brain health (While the anti-inflammatory effect of spinach supports a healthy supports healthy brain function, so can cinnamon, while it has protective brain properties.
- Anti-Stress (Th 104% Vitamin C helps to relieve stress and therefore helps with your overall health)
- Healthy skin and anti-ageing properties (The powerful antioxidant vitamin C also helps to prevent your skin from ageing fast when taken regularly, and the smoothie helps against acne)
- 56% of Vitamin A (Might help with your vision, growth and immunity. It’s high in antioxidants and can reduce certain cancers, anaemia, age-related macular degeneration and more)
- Cleansing (berries can help your body to flush out toxins naturally. Chia seeds can help to clean your digestive tract. Then we have spinach that can rid of healthy metals in your body.
This smoothie is incredibly healthy giving you plenty of vitamins, minerals and nutrition that your body needs!
It’s not just beautiful, but with just one serving you get all of the below into your body:
- Calories: 221 Kcal
- Fat: 15.6 g (9%)
- Carbs: 39g (15%)
- Sugars: 25g (28%)
- Protein: 5g 11%)
- Fibre: 2g (8%)
- Vitamin C: 104%
- Vitamin B6: 9%
- Potassium: 22%
- Calcium: 22%
- Magnesium: 32%
- Iron: 21%
- Zinc: 14%
- Phosphorus: 29%
- Vitamin A: 56%
- Thiamin B1: 24%
- Riboflavin B2: 16%
- Niacin B3: 16%
- Folic Acid B9: 33%
- Vitamin E: 14%
- Vitamin K: 126%
- Vitamin A: 56%
- Folic Acid B9: 33%
- Vitamin C: 104%
How to make the Detox Berry Smoothie Mixed with Spinach and Blueberries (High in Antioxidants)
- 1 high-speed blender travel blender or food processor
- 1 cup coconut water (or other preferred liquid
- 1 cup spinach fresh (ideally pre-steamed)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp hemp seeds (or more)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup pineapples, frozen, ripe
- 1 cup mixed, red berries, ripe (strawberries, raspberries, cranberries or acai berries)
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen, ripe (wild blueberries have more antioxidants)
Liquids + Greens
- Start by adding your liquids and greens to the blender: Which is coconut water, and spinach.
- Now it's time to add the fibre:Add chia seeds,
- hemp seeds, cinnamon powder
- and vanilla (bean paste or vanilla extract)
Frozen fruits and berries
- Finally, toss your frozen berries and fruits into the blender:Pineapple, mixed red berried ( such as strawberries, raspberries) and the blueberries)
- Please would you mind and give me a rating at the bottom of the page, or leave me any questions behind? That's would support my business and be amazing.
- Also, you can subscribe to the FREE newsletter, to get free recipes sent to your inbox. You can cancel anytime if you change your mind :).
CAN YOU REPLACE COCONUT WATER WITH MILK?
Sure you can. I often prefer using water or coconut water during a cleanse or detox.
But you could also use unsweetened milk or non-dairy milk for your smoothies.
CAN YOU REPLACE PINEAPPLE WITH ANOTHER FRUIT?
Yes, you could replace pineapples in this berry smoothie mixed with spinach, blueberries, and fruits with mangos or kiwis for example.
IS THIS SMOOTHIE VEGAN?
Yes, this recipe is vegan, but it also depends on which specific product you are buying.
For the production of coconuts itself, sometimes monkeys are used. So I can only imagine that this so the same for coconut water.
You can also use water if you aren’t sure or want to make 100% sure it’s vegan.
When it comes to vanilla bean paste and coconut water you need to make sure they are vegan.
Most vanilla bean pastes or vanilla extracts are vegan. If you are not sure, check the product you are buying or contact the supplier.
IS THIS SMOOTHIE GLUTEN-FREE?
This mixed blueberry mixed smoothie recipe with spinach is also gluten-free.
IS THIS SMOOTHIE A DAIRY-FREE SMOOTHIE?
Sure! There is no dairy in this recipe. You could if you prefer use dairy milk instead of coconut water. That’s up to you. Although for a cleanse it is not recommended to use dairy.
TIPS – HOW TO MAKE THE BEST SMOOTHIE
- Don’t add sweeteners before you haven’t tried the smoothie first. The fruits are already sweet enough.
- It’s good to blend, after adding the liquids and the spinach (+seeds), to make sure the greens are fully blended.
- Add more liquid gradually, if you need to.
- If you store leftovers of your smoothie then ensure to cover your smoothie, + check ALL tips on how to store smoothies for layer
Other Low-Calorie Berry Smoothie Recipes, You’ll Love:
- THE HAPPY & HEALTHY SUMMER FRUIT SMOOTHIE (+ SPINACH)
- 4 INGREDIENT DETOX SMOOTHIE WITH BLUEBERRY AND STRAWBERRY
- 100 KCAL! DAMN SWEET STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE YOGURT – IT’S SO EASY APPROVED
- DRAGON POWER BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE: STRAWBERRY + PINEAPPLE -IT’S A MUST BREAKFAST!
- THE HAPPY VEGAN CACAO SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE (YOU MUST TRY)
Comments & Feedback
I’d love to know if you enjoy this detox mixed berry smoothie with spinach, and blueberries as part of a strict detox or if you just love healthy smoothies.
Shoot me any questions you have below!
And pleeeease give me a star rating, that would support my little blog!
Please also don’t forget to get the FREE weekly newsletter
All the best,