Want a recipe for a blackberry smoothie that sheds your belly fat, is supporting weight loss, is super sweet, and delicious, is high in vitamin C and can be prepped in the morning, or the day before?
Then, let’s go!
This delicious, immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory winter smoothie strengthens your immune system. It is also great all year round because it flattens your belly and prepares you for the summer holidays.
This is my go-to autumn smoothie, just before the winter season hits, but also to I also loved this before my Sicily holiday and gave me a flatter belly, where I was able to jump into the sea without having my belly showing too much!
(although I thought wrong with having a belly) !
Anyway.. let’s staaaart!
Anyway.. let’s staaaart!
Why you’ll love this smoothie recipe
4 Reasons why you’ll love this Smoothie recipe
- This recipe for the blackberry smoothie helps you to lose belly fat fast.
- While it is filling, it is great for weight loss.
- Ripe bananas, blackberries and apples give this smoothie a delicious flavour and sweetness
- This blackberry smoothie is high in vitamin C (25%) and K (33%).
There are hundreds of types of micro species of blackberries, and this explains, why they sometimes taste different.
WHEN YOU BUY THROUGH LINKS TO MY SITE, I MAY EARN A SMALL AFFILIATE COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. ♡ I ONLY TRULY SHARE PRODUCTS I BELIEVE YOU’LL LOVE AS MUCH AS I DO ->DISCLOSURE
DAIRY-FREE & VEGAN (if chosen a sub greek yoghurt, VEGETARIAN, GLUTEN-FREE, AND NATURALLY SWEETENED.
Watch the video of the detox blackberry smoothie recipe
How much time do you need to make this Smoothie recipe?
In this recipe for the blackberry smoothie, you need about 7 minutes.
You cut the apple and zucchini into a few pieces before you toss them into the blender. But you leave the skin on because it is the part that is the most nutritious.
You can even blend the seeds of the apples if you want.
Is this recipe for a blackberry smoothie a breakfast evening or lunch recipe?
Smoothie recipes like this blackberry smoothie, you can enjoy anytime.
If you like it for breakfast or lunch, then it’s for sure a great idea. You could even have it in between meals, as it is a low-calorie smoothie and taste sweet. That’s totally up to you.
What does the Smoothie recipe taste like?
This detox blackberry smoothie tastes settled sweet, which comes mainly from the banana, but also the blackberries and the apples.
It’s slightly fruity.
The yoghurt is a great addition because it balances the citrus flavour out, and adds “tanginess” to it. haha
You know what I mean, right? 🙂
Is this recipe for the Blackberry Detox Smoothie Recipe Healthy?
10 Health Benefits
- Burn your belly fat!
Great news if you want to get rid of some stubborn belly fat.
Because Blackberries are known to be high in antioxidants, such as catechins. They activate your body’s fat-burning genes in your belly fat cells and can help to lose fat over time, according to dailyrecord.co.uk
Also, timesnownews.com agrees, are agreeing, that berries can help to burn your belly fat and even says that they belong one of the healthiest foods on the planet!
In short, berries are high in fibre, high in antioxidants, boost your metabolism, prevent weight gain and fight belly fat.
Although you should also consume blackberries to make it more effective.nAlso, blackberries are also low in calories, high in fibre and a good addition to a plant-based or any other healthy diet.
- This Smoothie supports weight loss
- High in fibre (27%)
Bananas, blackberries, apples, zucchinis, and even coconut shreds are all high in fibre. Fibre is not only needed for healthy digestion and weight loss and burning your belly fat fast. Because it makes you feel full for longer and also provides fuel to nourish the healthy gut bacteria.
But fibre is also needed to reduce cholesterol, promote a regular bowel movement and also to manage your blood sugar levels.
- Boost your digestion.
- This is a heart-healthy smoothie!
- It strengthens your Immunity system
- It gives you glowing skin, strong nails, skin & hair (The vitamin c and manganese in this smoothie help to produce collagen)
- High in Vitamin K: (This vitamin is the reason we don’t bleed like crazy when we cut ourselves! It’s also needed for bone metabolism. It could be also the cause of when you bruise easily or have strong periods.
- Possibly boost brain health (blackberries especially, might prevent memory loss.
- Finally, this smoothie recipe is also extremely nutrition-dense!
- Calories: 184 Kcal
- Fat: 5 g (7%)
- Carbs: 32g (12%)
- Sugars: 20g (23%)
- Protein: 7g (14%)
- Fibre: 8g (27%)
- Vitamin C: 25%
- Vitamin B6: 23%
- Potassium: 15%
- Calcium: 14%
- Magnesium: 15%
- Iron: 15%
- Zinc: 8%
- Phosphorus: 19%
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Niacin B3: 2%
- Thiamin B1: 8%
- Folic Acid B9: 32%
- Vitamin B6: 23%
- Vitamin E: 12%
- Vitamin K: 33%
The percentage value is based on a 2000-calorie diet (calculated from whisk.com).
Pssst… If you like to know more about adjusting your smoothie recipe or like to know details about the dietary details of this recipe then see below, the main ingredients.
Smoothie recipe ingredients for the blackberry smoothie
- Water: To keep you hydrated and keep the blender going.
- Lime (juice): To give it a citrus kick, add vitamin C, and antioxidants. Plus lemons are great to improve your immunity system, aid iron absorption (which is in blackberries) and help to prevent kidney stones.
TIP: Ideally squeeze out the juice from fresh limes, as it doesn’t contain any additives to make it shelf stable or sugars and is healthier.
- Greek yoghurt (full fat): Adds a tangy flavour, and tons of protein and makes this smoothie thick, creamy and filling. The full-fat version contains fewer carbs, meaning fewer sugars. And fat shouldn’t be avoided, because it is filling and needed for a healthy diet.
You can also use a SUB: A dairy-free or vegan-friendly yoghurt.
- Zucchini, fresh: You can freeze it, to make the smoothie thicker, or toss in fresh zucchini. But make sure to leave the skin on, because that’s where most of its antioxidants are hidden.
Otherwise, zucchini supports healthy digestion and can help to prevent various gut disorders.
Also because it was so high in fibre it may help to stabilise your blood sugar level and reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
Besides it can help you to feel fuller because it’s high in water, low in calories and curb your appetite.
- Blackberries, frozen: Choose like bananas the ripe berries, and then freeze them. They add sweetness and are super delicious in any smoothie. They are extremely high in vitamin c, filled with fibre, high in vitamin k, and loaded with antioxidants, that can protect us from cancer, and other chronic diseases. And did you know, that they can boost your brain powers and possibly prevent memory loss?
- Banana, frozen: The bananas are needed for sweetness mostly. They also add creaminess and lots of benefits to the smoothie. While they are making the smoothie more filling, they are good for your heart, rich in nutrients, and are supporting your digestion and kidney health.
- If you are allergic to bananas, you could try to replace them with other sweet, ripe (!) fruits, like mangos. Or add one Medjool dates, which adds sweetness and is high in potassium.
- Coconut shreds: They are more optional, but add a tropical vibe, and healthy fats to the smoothie, that which makes it more filling.
They support weight loss, are rich in fibre, a healthy heart, and also boost your digestion.
- Apples, fresh: They are not a must (I am allergic and have to leave them out, unfortunately), but they add a delicious sweetness and fruitiness to the smoothie. They are great to beat any constipation problems, help with the risk of gallstones, keep your heart healthy, are high in fibre, and also lower the risk of diabetes and strengthen your immunity.
How to Make the Best Blackberry Detox Smoothie (Recipe) to lose belly fat fast
- Blender or food processor (immersion blender)
- 1 cup water (or coconut water)
- 2 or more tsp lime juice (ideally from a fresh lime)
- 0.5 cups (full fat) Greek yogurt (or sub: vegan or dairy-free yogurt)
- ¾ cups zucchini, fresh – could be frozen for a thicker smoothie (with shell ideally, as its more nutritional)
- 0.5 whole apple (with shell ideally, as its more nutritional) – OPTIONAL
- 2 Tbsp coconut shreds (toasted or untoasted) – OPTIONAl=L
- ½ cup banana = half a small ripe, frozen
- 1.5 cups blackberries, frozen & ripe
- Ensure to cut the fresh apples and zucchinis into small, equal-sized pieces.
- Make sure to freeze or buy pre-frozen blackberries, and freeze bananas, once they are ripe (a guide to speed up the ripening process of bananas)
HOW TO MAKE A BLACKBERRY DETOX SMOOTHIE
- Add the SOFT ingredients:Water, lime juice and yogurt.
- TIP: If you want a drinkable, thinner smoothie you can always add in the END more liquid. Don't add too much at the beginning!!
- Now toss in your fresh ingredients:The zucchini, apple slices (optional) and coconut shreds (optional).
- Finally add your hardest ingredients, to make sure they are furthest away from the blades (unless your blender is built the other way round).The frozen bananas and blackberries.
- Now blend all. Start on a low setting, and work your way up to a higher setting.If you have a pulse setting, push the button several times for short intervals to break up the bigger frozen pieces of the blender, without overpowering it.
- Serve immediately. Or store it, ideally in a thermal cup in your freezer (see how to store your smoothies properly and how to thaw them)
- Now, it would be absolutely HUGE if you could leave me a star rating, or leave me any questions or feedback at the bottom of the page! If you have any requests for smoothies, I'd love to hear from you! 🙂
- You can also sign up for FREE recipes at the bottom of the blog post! 🙂
Blackberries are a great source of iron, vitamin c and antioxidants!
Is this Smoothie vegan?
Yes, this recipe is vegan-friendly.
But only if you choose instead the regular greek yoghurt a vegan-friendly greek yoghurt.
Is this Smoothie gluten-free?
Yes, all ingredients in this smoothie recipe are gluten-free.
Is this Smoothie a dairy-free smoothie?
This smoothie is dairy-free only if you don’t use greek yoghurt or choose a dairy-free substitute.
Is this Smoothie a meal-replacement smoothie?
This smoothie could be a meal-replacement smoothie if you add some more calories, as it only contains 184 calories, which is probably a little too low to fill you up.
On the other hand, it nearly filled all other criteria to be a filling smoothie:
They are high in fibre, fat and pretty high protein.
You can add nut butter, more greek yoghurt, hemp seeds, chia seeds, granola or any toppings healthy toppings of your choice to add some healthy calories.
Healthy meal replacements should be roughly around 300 calories minimum, depending on your BMI.
Reasons are as always because it is highly loaded with nutritious and filling:
How to add more protein to smoothies:
Are you struggling to make a THICK smoothie bowl?
Checklist for the Blackberry Detox Smoothie Recipe
What to DO
- Use your tamper/wooden spoon/ spatula to push down the smoothie blend
- Chop down your veggies/fruits in small pieces, before freezing
- You can replace the banana with a ripe mango if needed, but the banana adds sweetness (can’t taste it)
- Add sweeteners in the end if needed, like a Medjool date
- Add tiny ice cubes, if your blender can’t handle thick ones (mini-ice cube trays)
What NOT to do
- Please don’t SCRATCH your blender and use a spoon to scrape out your smoothie. Use a spatula.
- Blend on a very low setting to make a THICK smoothie bowl, or on a higher for a thinner smoothie.
- Don’t add any sweeteners fruits and ripe bananas sweetened smoothies naturally already.
- Don’t add too much liquid if you want a thicker smoothie
Skin & Beauty Products for Smoothies
These products are superfoods or additional add-ons that are extremely healthy and can be added to nearly any smoothie, that adds more fibre, protein and plenty of benefits, depending on each product. This detox blackberry smoothie is high in vitamin c, and manganese and is therefore beneficial for your skin. The products below are also good for youthful and clear skin and can be also added.
Or go to the Rainbow Recipe SHOP for more ingredients or kitchen tools.
My TOP Used Kitchen Smoothie Tools
Or go to the Rainbow Recipe SHOP for more ingredients or kitchen tools.
- Tropical Golden Spoon Set | Pineapple | Palm Tree
- Mason Glass Tumbler | Bamboo Lid | Metal Straw | Ball | Wide mouth
- Banana Hook with Vegetable Fruit Basket | Food Storage | Metal
- Organic Mesh Bag Set | Shopping| Storage | Biodegradable | Washable
- Golden Pineapple & Palm Tree Spoon | Ice cream | Smoothie | Tropcial
- Round Wooden Chopping Board | Cheese Board | Organic | Natural
- Natural Wooden Chopping Board | Cheese Board | Organic | Natural
- Organic Puffed Milled | Topping | Fibre | Digestion | Heart | Liver
- Fruit Ball Scoop | Zester | Decorator | Multi Function Set
The BEST Blender
- 5 min Easy Kiwi Banana Smoothie beats any cold (Immunity booster) (Banana, Mango, Spinach, Kiwi)
- NEW: POWERFUL BlackBerry Smoothie DETOX Delight recipe – do you DARE? (Blackberries, zucchini, lemon & more)
Smoothies with (hidden) Veggies
- The Cotton Candy Grape Banana Smoothie Bowl (With Hidden Cauliflowers)
- The Miracle smoothie bowl (with Blue Spirulina)
- How to Make the Incredible Immunity Booster Carrot Banana smoothie bowl – to lose belly fat
Smoothies to burn belly fat
- 100 Kcal! DAMN Sweet Strawberry Smoothie Yogurt – It’s So EASY (No Banana)
- How to make the Cute Kiwi Cleansing Smoothie (Vegan Recipe Bowl)
- NEW: YUMMY Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie (WEIGHT LOSS & DETOX)
More Smoothie Categories
- 5 ingredient smoothie or less
- All year round smoothies
- Autumn + winter smoothies
- Banana-free Smoothies
- Best meal replacements
- Breakfast smoothies
- Detox smoothies
- Easy + Quick Smoothies
- Energizing smoothies
- Fruit smoothies
- Gluten-Free Smoothies
- Green Smoothies
- Guides, tips, tricks & overviews
- Gut Health Smoothies
- Hidden Veggie Smoothie
- High Calcium Smoothies
- High Fibre Smoothies
- High Magnesium Smoothies
- High Protein Smoothies
- How To's
- Iron Smoothies
- Low sugar Smoothies
- Mental Health Smoothies
- Mixed recipes
- Round-Up Post
- Skin Smoothies
- Snack smoothies
- Summer + spring smoothies
- Superfood Smoothies
- Vegan Smoothies
- Vitamin A Smoothie
- Vitamin B Smoothie
- Vitamin C Smoothies For Skin
- Vitamin D Smoothie
- Vitamin K Smoothies
- Weight-loss smoothie
- Zinc Smoothies
Save This Recipe For Later
Comments & Feedback
Guys, let’s chat about this recipe for blackberry smoothie or other questions:
Have you ever added zucchinis to your smoothies? Did you taste it?
Let me know which smoothie recipes are your favourites, and if you like to read about more!
Please also don’t forget to get the FREE weekly newsletter 🙂
You can also email me privately if you have any other questions on my contact page.
All the best,